Rose tea is fragrant, fruity and packed with vitamin C and antioxidants making it the ideal drink when your body needs a boost. Rose tea can benefit your body in any number of ways; it is great for the skin, can help you relax and being free of calories can even contribute towards your weight loss plan.
ROSE AND EARL GREY TEA LATTE
Makes ~ 2 lattes
For the rose syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 water
- 1/2 cup dried edible rose petals
For the tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsps earl grey loose leaf tea
- 1 tbsp edible rose petals
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tsps rose syrup
- rosewater (optional)
- dried rose petals and rose dust for garnish
For the syrup
- Add the sugar and water into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves, turn off heat, add the rose petals and steep for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing on the petals to extract as much of the remaining syrup as possible.
For the tea latte
- Combine the Earl Grey tea with the rose petals, and steep in boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the tea.
- Mix the rose syrup with milk, and froth with a milk frother to your desired warmth and foam.
- While waiting for the tea to brew, I filled my mug with hot water to keep it warm. Just before serving, discard the hot water, and mist the mug with a few sprays of high quality rose water. I sprayed once directly inside the mug, once on the outside, and once from up above. If you don’t have an atomizer, you can add a splash of rosewater to your empty mug, swirl around the inside, and discard before mixing your drink. Again, the rosewater is optional, but a light misting on the empty mug really help boost the aromatics of the drink, thereby enhancing the flavor.
- Fill your mug halfway with tea (~4 oz), and then add the steamed milk (~4 oz). Garnish with a few dried rose petals. If you’d also like to add some rose dust for garnish, simply add a handful of dried rose petals to a spice grinder, and pulse until they reach a fine powder. Use a fine mesh strainer to give a light dusting of rose powder atop the drink.